WHY PLAY NFBKC
First and foremost is the trust you can have in the NFBKC. You can trust us to pay in full. You can trust us to pay on time. You can trust us to run first-class drafts and first class contests with fair rules for everyone. When you send in your hard-earned money to play in the NFBKC, you can rest assured that when you win you will receive your prize payment in full and in record time. Over the last 13 years, the NFBC, NFFC and NFBKC has paid more than $34 million in prizes and we look forward to adding to that total in 2016-17. There has NEVER been an issue with payments in the NFBKC and we’ll make sure there never will be.
Secondly, you can rest assured that you’ll enjoy playing in the NFBKC. There's nothing quite like an online fantasy basketball draft, with all of the owners online, eyeing the same draft board with similar draft strategies in mind. And it's even better when a $4,000 league prize is at stake and a $10,000 grand prize is sure to be won by one of the fortunate participants.
Here is what makes the National Fantasy Basketball Championship so great and a breakdown of how the contests are organized:
- You are as Powerful as An NBA Owner: You pick the players, you set the starting lineups, you cut the players and you sign the hot new free agents. YOU are the coach, the General Manager, the Owner of this team. YOU are responsible for this team winning or losing this year and nobody else.
- Make New Friends: You are guaranteed to meet new die-hard NBA fans just like yourself from all across the country. Inevitably, some of these competitors will become your friends for life because of shared interests involving basketball.
- Prove Your Greatness against The Ultimate Competition: You'll get to personally know all of the guys in your league that you'll be banging heads with for the league prizes and possibly the $10,000 grand prize. All of the NFBKC online leagues have League Message Boards, so enjoy the smack talk within your league while battling for all of the top prizes.
- Get Your Sleeper: The thrill of making that pick before the 70-second time limit runs out, with all of your league mates anxiously waiting to see who you are going to draft is a thrill in itself. Then drafting the sleeper that everyone wants. You got him now. You OWN him.
- Sharing The Experience With Friends or Family: Drafting together is a great way to get close and stay close all season whether with a best friend, a son, a daughter or even your spouse. Enjoy it together online during Draft Day and throughout the entire NFBKC season.
- Play for $10,000 Cash, GUARANTEED: Now imagine winning the $10,000 grand prize at season's end. Let's admit it, this should be No. 1. Best of all, you're playing with a proven product as the NFBKC/NFBC/NFFC has already paid over $34 million in prizes since 2004. You'll receive guaranteed payout on time from the best customer service-oriented contest in the industry!
Here's how the Online drafts will work:
- Leagues will be randomly chosen for each draft date and 12-team leagues will be formed once signups are closed. KDS will be run after the leagues are randomly chosen and the draft order will be announced for each league shortly after they are filled. Remember that each NFBKC league uses Third Round Reversal, which means that the draft order goes 1-12 in Round 1, 12-1 in Round 2, 12-1 again in Round 3 and then 1-12, 12-1 from Rounds 4 through 16.
- We also allow you to rank your draft spot preferences using the Kentucky Derby System (KDS). Once you have signed up for a team, click on that team link and on the left hand side you will see draft preferences ranked 1-12. You rank your draft preferences and when you are randomly chosen we will give you the top available draft spot on your rankings. Some owners don’t want the first pick, so they may rank their preferences something like this: 3,2,1,12,11,10,6,5,7,4,8,9. If you are randomly picked first in that league and have 3 as your top draft spot preference we will give you the third pick. We do this for all 12 teams until the last team selected gets the last available spot. We do this because of Third Round Reversal (some owners like the back-end of the draft order in this format) and to allow you to strategize on where you’d like to draft from if picked early in the random draft. It’s another way of giving you full control of your team.
- Picks will be made by owners online and a player default list within the draft room can be customized by each owner beforehand. Once you have signed up for a team, go to DRAFT, then DRAFT PREP and you can rank all available players in the order you want. That list will then show up in your draft room the day of the draft. The Draft Room opens the day of your draft.
- A draft board will also appear during the draft so that you can easily see the picks for each team. Colored stickers will appear for Guards, Forwards and Centers so that you can easily see what each team has drafted. The draft board will populate once the first pick is made.
- Each team has a 70-second time limit to make each selection.
- The draft continues for 16 rounds with no breaks.
- All owners must fill up the 10 required starting spots with their 16 draft picks, but can pick as many backups at any position that they'd like. Position eligibility lists are available to all NFBKC owners on the web site.
It’s all good fun and great competition. If you want to compete against the best, then join the NFBKC and prove your mettle. Good luck everyone.